Transfer Point Solutions
Keep bulk materials from getting into equipment at the tail pulley and causing substantial damage.
Our tail protection products are designed to prevent material that has landed on the inside of the belt during the return from being pulled into the tail pulley. If it isn’t removed, the material can cause extensive damage to the entire conveyor system, especially the tail pulley and the belt.
Designed to plow discharge material to the side of the belt for easy control and cleanup, these products are available for standard and reversing belts, with self-adjusting models that rise and fall with fluctuations in belt tension. We also offer products designed for varying speeds and belt widths.
A Solution to Fit YOUR Needs
We offer a line of tail protection products that ensures you’ll find one that fits your needs. Our team is available to provide expert advice and assistance on these products and all of your bulk material handling questions and problems. Please contact us today and let us help!
For tail protection on reversing belts, specify the Diagonal Plow. Hung from brackets on both sides of the conveyor, the Diagonal Plow floats on the belt surface to remove material without needing adjustment.
- The durable 80 Shore A Durometer Nitrile rubber blade provides 1.5 in. (38 mm) of wear in service temperatures to 250°F (121°C) and belt speeds up to 900 fpm (4.6 m/sec)
- Diagonal plow protects pulley in either direction of travel
- Plow drops into mount brackets on either side of the conveyor
- Blade floats on belt surface and diverts material away for effective tail pulley protection
An economical solution for tail protection in medium- to heavy-duty applications.
- One-Piece Urethane Nose – Long lasting urethane life and easy replacement
- Longer Wear Life – 1-inch thick urethane blade for long life and low friction
- Rugged Frame Construction – Steel frame stands up to tough applications
Tail Sealing Box
To conquer the age-old problem of material spilling off the tail of the conveyor, install the Martin® Tail Sealing Box. Installed on the rear of the chutework, the box uses Martin® ApronSeal™ Skirting and Strip Rubber to create an effective seal to keep material on the conveyor.
- Seal keeps material from sliding off the belt
- Belt motion deflects tail seal to prevent accumulation at back of box
- Deflected sealing strip contains rollback without scraping off adhered material
- Return material to belt through easy-opening Martin® Inspection Door
- Field-welded on chute wall to ensure precise fit